Sunday, May 8, 2011

Second

This weekend was full of events for us.  Yesterday we had a fun time with friends for a Kentucky Derby 137 celebration.  We had extra reason to celebrate when we had the winning horse for the final bet.  Hooray for "Animal Kingdom!" 


May 8, 2011 was both my second Mother's Day as Emme's Mommy and mine and Greg's second wedding anniversary.  I have much to be thankful for.
Mother's Day had never been a very joyous holiday for me.  I spent nearly 10 years in envy of other's Mothers being celebrated while many people forgot that I too was once a Mother. My first daughter, Peyton, was taken from me entirely too early.  I got lost in feeling very sorry for myself and my loss.  At times, I still hang on to that sorrow....
I watched a new daughter sleeping soundly in her bed this morning.  I opened her door slowly enough that she didn't realize I was adoring her as she slept. Before waking her, I took a minute to think about how the little girl snuggled in her bed in front of me had given me back a piece of my heart that I thought would never begin to heal.  Later in the day, the tiny voice saying "Mommy" made my eyes well up with tears.  There's nothing like being called Mommy after you've waited so many years. 



I have Greg to thank for all the happiness I feel.  Who knew when we met as neighbors that we would share our lives and build a family together?  I had no idea at the time that the best friend I'd been searching for was living right next door. We sat next to each other this morning in our first bible study class, two years to the day of when we began our married life together. We are growing together spiritually and I believe that couples who are growing together will never grow apart.  I look forward to a lifetime of anniversaries with this man who God has sent to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment